HMS 6th Grade Class Blog

Week 8: Family Celebrations

| 0 comments

This week we had to write about family celebrations, so I was going to write about December holidays. The first holiday in December is Christmas, which is my favorite holiday. First, we pick out our tree, which is one of my favorite parts. Picking out a tree is pretty hard because it needs to smell nice, has to be a Douglas Fir tree, has to be green, has to have a lot of branches but not too much, and a nice top for the star. Even though picking out a tree is hard, all I do is make a giant tree fort. The store we go to is Home Depot. It has many varieties of trees.
The next part is easy. We decorate the tree with lights, old ornaments, new ornaments, and of course,  the star. Then I would go to my grandpa’s house and have a family party with all my relatives on my dad’s side. Next I would go to my mom’s house on Christmas Eve and sleep there until it was Christmas!!! Finally, I would open up my presents and eat breakfast with my family.
The second holiday in December is New Years, where we celebrate the beginning of a new year. Initially, we start by going to my grandpa’s house on my dad’s side and we eat and hang out. When it’s time to do the count down, we light the fireworks. 3!2!1! Happy New Years!!! It’s the new year and I choose my resolution. The next day I go to church and then to my mom’s house and make mochi. As December just started, I hope to have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Via Pxhere

Via Flickr