HMS 6th Grade Class Blog

SBC Week 8! -Family Celebrations! (hmsrimi)

| 0 comments

Hey EDU Blogs!

In today’s post, I will be talking about what I celebrate with my family.

Our family basically celebrates every single important holiday! Name all of the holidays/celebrations down below in the comments!

Anyways, here are a few of the well- known holidays that my family and I celebrate! New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, Saint Patrick’s Day, April Fool’s, Easter, Summer (If it’s a holiday), Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and many more!

For New Year’s, my family and I usually just spend time with each other, clean the house for a clean, new start, and make Ozoni. If you didn’t know what Ozoni is, it’s basically like a Japanese traditional New Year’s soup with all kinds of vegetables, and mochi!

For Valentine’s Day, my family and I don’t really celebrate too much. What we usually do, is to just get chocolates and share them. Most times, my dad gets my mom and I a special gift. I think two years ago, my dad got my mom and I matching sunrise shell necklaces!

For Saint Patrick’s Day, we usually just try to find something green to wear, and find lucky four leaf clovers!

April Fools is a day where my mom’s birthday is the day after this holiday. We are usually busy making dinner reservations, but my family and I try to find funny jokes to tell each other.

Easter Sunday is a day where we always do egg hunts! Some years, we skip it. Most years we try to go to like a farm or a festival. My mom and I love festivals! Maybe not so much of my dad.

Summer is just a huge break for me. I don’t need to go to to school, and we usually go back to Japan, where my mom’s from. I love love love Japan! If I could pick anywhere to live, I would instantly pick Japan. Their stuff is so cheap! Even food, gas, houses,

For Halloween, my parents don’t dress up in costumes, but I do! This year, I was a bear with a couple of my friends. We usually go trick or treating at a mall, or just around my grandma’s neighborhood.

Thanksgiving was just 8 days ago, and I made a post about it. Click this link to look at it! Anyways, on Thanksgiving, we get a plate full of all the food you normally eat, and get pie!

Finally, for Christmas, we celebrate this holiday the most! I also love this holiday most, because I like the feeling of hot cocoa, sweater weather, christmas trees, and the nice crisp smell of the winter breeze. Here’s a plus! My birthday is the day before that, and I get presents on both days! Don’t think I get extra presents though, my parents don’t spoil me that way. I also don’t get less presents neither;)   If you want to print out or get inspired by a cute wish list for presents, I got y’all covered! This link is sooooo cute! Press it!!

Here is a pic of something that I got (early) this year for Christmas! Comment down below what you guys want for Christmas!

Thank you for reading this post! Happy Holiday szn! -hmsrimi❤