HMS 6th Grade Class Blog

The Daley News #8 My family celebrations

| 0 comments

My family celebrates all of the regular holidays, like Christmas or Thanksgiving. But what my family does for these holidays is what I want to talk about. I’m going to be talking about Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving since those are my favorite holidays ( Editors note: forgot about Halloween).

First, Christmas. Probably my favorite holiday because of the PRESENTS. You know it’s true. Also, what we do for Christmas is better than the other holidays. What my family does for Christmas is usually taking a picture in front of our foldable fake tree. Both my sister and I would wake up early to look at the presents ( And maybe even take a little piece of paper off of the present to see what’s inside 😉 ). After the picture, we get to eat cookies and would watch Christmas specials.  Finally, we get to open the presents. Christmas traditions

Second, Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a holiday that if my birthday was close to it, I wouldn’t care about it. I’m being honest. Which decorations would you see more, Thanksgiving or Christmas? You know you would choose Christmas. Anyways, I’m going to talk about what we do for Thanksgiving. Something else we do for another holiday like Thanksgiving is going out to eat. Usually, we wouldn’t get turkey and all that Thanksgiving food because our family doesn’t like that type of food. So, we would go to Zippy’s to eat whatever. I usually get either spaghetti or the Korean chicken. I suggest the Korean chicken Thanksgiving traditions

Finally, Easter. Easter is a holiday I like because I always get candy from it :).  Usually, my parents would set up an Easter egg hunt for my sister and I but, I don’t really care about hunting for it, I just want the candy. Usually, the eggs would have money. More candy than money. After that, we would go out for lunch and dinner somewhere. It always changes. We would go to Chili’s one year, CPK one year, etc. I don’t really have a lot to talk about Easter so I’m going to end it right here.

I love holidays!!!!