HMS 6th Grade Class Blog

SBC Week 9 Coding – hmskatie

| 0 comments

In this week’s post I’m going to tell you about an hour of code activity I did. I did the Minecraft one.

The Minecraft activity was super fun and really cool, too. You basically had to go to the website, click on the activity, and do it. The object of the Minecraft one was to get to the chest or get to the fish. To do it, you had to place the tabs under the “when run” button. I’m going to tell you how to do the first level to explain the activity a little better. There is a “move forward” tab, so you put that under the “when run” button and press run. There is already one “move forward” tab, so you just have to add one more. One tab is one move, unless you put the tab in repeat two times or however many times you need that move to happen.

I would totally recommend this activity because it is super fun and exciting. It’s also great because you are learning, but you actually don’t know it because you are having so much fun. I learned that you have to tell the computer what to do in coding. I never knew that coding was so complicated. It was an amazing experience, and I would love to do it again.

This is a photo of the Minecraft activity. I took this photo myself.

You can do the same Minecraft activity as I did here.

I hope you enjoyed reading about the activity I did. I hope you do it and like it, too. See you in my next blog.

-hmskatie💙