HMS 6th Grade Class Blog

SBC week 9

| 0 comments

The Hour of Code website is really interesting. There is a lot of games and activities about coding. I chose to do one about some kind of dance party. The game is about trying to make a code for the characters to dance. When you get to higher levels you can add backgrounds and additional dancers. One thing that I also liked is that you could put music into the code.

My Screenshot

Another game I did was about Minecraft. In the start, you could choose between two characters. One was a girl and one was a boy. I chose the boy. This game is about trying to move the character to a certain spot. This was not that hard so I was able to do it quickly. The only thing that was hard was that you had to know which direction to turn and it would base the direction on where the character was facing.

My Screenshot

The last game I did was something about Flappy Bird. I got to level 6 but I got stuck on it. Everything before level 6 was easy though. Basically, what you are trying to do is make the game like the actual game Flappy Bird. If you do not want to complete the level and you just want to do something else. The game will be different. I tried doing this and the bird went through everything and it was still getting points.